A Peculiar Hat

Some pet owners like to put cute little clothes on their pets - I have seen cats with paw gloves, dogs with jerseys and once, even, a parrot with a necktie. These have striking effects. But none of them really come close to the hat that a squirrel showed itself to be wearing when I came across it today. One would not normally imagine that a Doritos packet is comfortable, but apparently the squirrel thought so. Indeed, it went to the extent of putting its entire head inside as it looked for potential nibbles.

It seemed to be embarrassed when I saw it in the packet, and quickly shook it off before scurrying away from the bin where I had found it. But as I laughed to myself and put his erstwhile apparel into its rightful place, I contemplated how this was further proof of how resourceful and remarkable animals can be sometimes. This squirrel had searched tirelessly for food and its efforts had paid off. Perhaps this can be an example of how useful perseverance can be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emperor Vespasian

Wastage

The Peacock in the Park (20/5/20)